On November 13th, the Digital Arts Technology Academy returned to the University of California, Irvine for an excellent visit of the Claire Trevor School of the Arts and the Department of Computer Science. Students were treated to an outdoor admissions presentation, toured the school with Campus Reps, and reconnected with DATA alumni Linda Ha and Josh Bell.
While visiting the Trevor School of the Arts, they
- met with depart staff to include the new Electronic Art and Design professor
- toured facilities to include the motion capture studio, fabrication shop, sound stage, and sat in on a graphic design class.
- learned about Summer Academies in the Arts from Arts Outreach
- visited the Sight and Sound exhibit at the Beale Center for Art+Technology
- were given tips on applying to include
- emphasizing arts and accomplishments
- part-time jobs and volunteerism
- how your passions and experiences shape your world
- learned about the annual Med App Jam while in the department's Smart classroom
- connections and internships with local companies such as Blizzard Entertainment
- heard from students and staff about
- mobile technologies
- cloud / network technologies
- special projects currently being programmed by students
- the ICS Student Council and their Reverse Career Fair
- the importance of taking math for four years and not lightening your load senior year!