While in the studio, he challenged aspiring Di game designers to a project using low polygons, color theory, original textures, and 3-point lighting. Check out The Pretty Box challenge here.
Notes on becoming a 3D Artist from Juan Nuno
- Be motivated, doing the minimum never cuts it
- Take the time to create a good portfolio
- Visit and learn from 3D Forums (CG Hub, Poly Count, Game Artisans)
- Network with peers because it really is about "who you know"
- Find your niche and research it
- Broaden your ability
- Drawing and Color Theory are your foundation
- Know your tools (UDK UT3, Photoshop, Z Brush, 3D Max or Maya, After Effects)
Check out his full portfolio @