Digital Imaging ExternshipDigital Imaging teacher Matt Cauthon spent time with a variety of local professionals in order to make connections between what happens in local imaging-based businesses and the Di classroom. Local professionals included:
- Chris Miller of Imagine Imagery
- Stacy Thetford of Thetford Web Design
- Joel Cummins Photography
- Ethan Kaminsky of Kaminsky Productions
- Phil Cordova Photography Studio
- Dick Taylor of DST Studios and Dick Taylor Productions
- Christi Salamone of The La Quinta Arts Foundation
- Ed Huber of Caliente Ink
- Juan Carlos Ochoa of Ochoa Design Associates
- Glen Coy of Epidemic Skateboard Shop
Get this widget at roytanck.com
Apple Distinguished Educator Summer Institute
As part of the Apple Distinguished Educator (ADE) program, 150 ADEs were selected to travel from around the U.S. to be a part of Apple's top notch summer staff development for it's teachers. DATA teacher Matt Cauthron, with assistance from PSUSD CTE Coordinator Diana Verney, was one of the lucky few to join colleagues in this amazing experience in the high tech facilities at Full Sail University in Deer Park, Florida.
- Presentations from first rate speakers included
- Pixar's 'Improve Lady', Rebecca Stockley
- World class motion designer, Full Sail graduate, and owner of We Are Royal LLC, Jason Whitmore
- Full Sail University president Garry Jones and alumni.
- ADEs were engaged for five days and nights in developing Challenge Based Learning projects, networking opportunities, software and technical workshops, reverse mentoring by Full Sail University students, and photo shoots with Pulitzer Prize winner Bill Frakes. All this and more occurred throughout the 190 acre Full Sail campus which boasts 23 degree programs and over 110 studio and production environments.
- All lodging, food, and evening entertainment was paid for by Apple, Inc.
Summer Academy Staff DevelopmentDATA teachers and counselor worked together in both June and August this summer to coordinate Academy tasks and challenges. Items from the staff development included working with Google Docs, Calenders & Groups, establishing a clear set of Academy goals, vision & responsibilities, and planning events for the 2009-10 school year.